Rock. Learn. ‘N’ Play. seeks an energetic camp counselor to participate in advancing our vision of creating a learning environment that is choreographed with chords of music, tech’, and play! The incumbent will be an empathetic, responsible, and creative counselor, who will provide hands-on support to the campers so that they can participate in, and master the objectives of RLP summer program. S/he will participate in implementing the curriculum in individualized and group settings with the campers. The incumbent will also assist with tidying, cleaning, maintaining a safe and fun environment for the campers, and will provide administrative and other support as requested by the camp director.
- Participate in designing and implementing assigned program e.g. sports or gaming and other group activities etc.
- Provide a safe, positive, and encouraging environment so that each camper can maximize their ability to participate and learn from the RLP curriculum
- Facilitate group meetings with campers to go over the day’s program
- Patiently and empathetically work with each camper and group of campers to ensure they are understanding and successfully meeting their daily project goals
- Maintain a clean and safe camp environment at all times
- Escort campers from one location to the next as necessary
- Perform administrative tasks as assigned and all other duties as assigned by the camp director
- Experience working with children, and/or working in a camp setting
- First Aid/CPR/AED preferred
- Must be available for at least four hours each day for three days a week
- Ability to facilitate a fun environment for campers through exciting and engaging indoor and outdoor activities
Rock.Learn.‘N’Play is an equal opportunity employer and invites applications from candidates regardless of race, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability or religion. We offer a salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and a pleasant work environment.